I just flew in from Houston, Texas and boy does flying in the winter in Philly suck. Here is a quick recap of the experience:
- Getting up at 3:30 AM for a 6 AM flight because of snow is not desirable.
- Sitting in the plane waiting to de-ice while the AC is turned off, also, subpar
- Houston claims to be the 4th largest city, however it seems to have claimed the distinction by expanding the borders to include the suburbs, where apparently everyone goes to by 7:30 PM. Because the city is deserted then. I could hear birds chirping, when they rig
- six packs come in buckets full of ice in Texas
- Charging food and transportation to the room is a great invention.
- Having a chick-fil-a in a public cafeteria in the basement of an office building is a good idea
- The banks that have ATMs in airports should go and move them to the other side of the TSA checkpoints. If you are short on cash and need to get a cab and you have left the "secure" area, there could be trouble. Incidently zone fares for cabs are good.
- I don't understand the cow in the spacesuit that is in the George Bush airport.
- Searching around for wireless connectivity is silly when there is an ethernet jack in your room. (Note: Bring a network cable with you when you go anywhere)
- 70 degree weather in February is great, but I am sure glad I missed the 110+ degree weather that will be there in the summer
- Venison isn't bad.
- Travelling into a snow storm in philly is much more time consuming than travelling out of one.
- Coming home is great
htfully should have been drown out by traffic sounds, or killed off by pigeons.
Well that's it for now.